jake gyllenhaul aka toothy tile

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sailing upon the Sea Organization


I read today that the Scientology Celebrity Center in LA celebrated its 42 anniversary this weekend. Remember a while back when Bibby had a survey asking what fact about a celeb would turn you away from them with no hope of redemption. I'm sorry to say that some people said, "Being a Scientologist." I'm sorry, because I didn't think of it myself. Although I think someone can drink or do drugs and get cleaned up...crack up and be rehabilitated...cheat on their significant other and find loyal happiness in another relationship...neglect their kids and live to regret it...I think that anyone who remains in the cult that is called the Church of Scientology is too whack to EVER take seriously.

Here are some celebs who you may or may not know are Scientologists:

Jerry Seinfeld - although he denies it, he DOES admit, "I took a couple courses a number of years ago that I thought were fabulous. I learned a lot and I had a good experience with it. I think the stuff I learned there really did help me a lot."

Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith - also deny it, but have founded a private elementary school, which their children attend whenever they bother to go to school, based on Scientology principles.

Sony Bono - OK, technically he's dead. But at the time of his death he had been a practitioner for a while. "I Got You Babe," takes on a whole new meaning. Mimi Rogers, Tom Cruise's first wife introduced Sony to the "religion" and she also converted Tom. Mimi has a lot to answer for.

Nancy Cartwright - the voice of Bart Simpson. So, yes, Bart is a Scientologist.

Isaac Hayes - also dead. But can you believe he was a Scientologist? Believe.

Greta Van Susteren - Fox commentator. I never liked this chick and now I know why.

Beck - He's a second generation whacko. His mother was the midwife at the birth of another Scientologist, Giovanni Ribisi (and his twin sister.)

Charles Manson - actually, I'm cheating. Although CM studied Scientology in his youth, he found it too bizarre and left before he founded his murderous cult.

2 comments:

  1. Now don't forget John Travolta, Kelly Preston and Kirstie Alley.

    I don't know which one is the crazier, Travolta or Tommy Boy.......

    Scientology scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, but I thought I'd point out some of the lesser knowns. There are sites that list all the known celebrity members...unauthorized, of course.

    Scientologists scare me. How can people convince themselves of this bullshit? Probably by not digging too deep. Can you imagine the poor schlub who joins to allign themselves with the rich and successful members but winds up just being a drone? Happens all the time with young actors and performers, not to mention legions of homeless kids.

    ReplyDelete